Two lines
Originally written 9/4/12
It didn't happen how I had planned. Does it ever? First of all, I was out of town. It was the day before I flew home from Denver and we left work early that day. Since we weren't able to fly home early we decided to reward ourselves by leaving the facility early (don't worry - we were done with all of our work). I went back to the hotel room and took a nap. I don't normally nap. So when I woke up I thought....hmmm...this is kinda crazy, but maybe I'll take a pregnancy test. I had packed one with me to take the morning I flew home. I figured whether I was or wasn't, maybe it was best to find out when I had some time to digest the news instead of jumping in a car to head to the airport. So I peed on a stick. Almost immediately two pink lines showed up. I double checked it. I re-read to ensure that two lines in fact meant I was pregnant (as if I could possibly have it wrong after months of taking these ridiculously frustrating tests). I then checked it again. Then I started crying. Ugly cry - right there in the bathroom of the Curtis Hotel in downtown Denver. And I was praying. Thanking God for this miracle of life. I was shocked, excited, happy, but mostly at peace. I cried, prayed, and continued to re-check it. Then I took a picture so I could remember that moment.
My next thought was how in the world to tell Bryan. I wanted so badly to tell him in person. The problem was that once I got home on Friday we had about a half an hour for me to unpack/repack before we left for the lake with the Whitworths. I didn't want to spring it on him before a three day trip where we couldn't even talk about it. So I decided to tell him on the phone. I know, not ideal at all....but sometimes you work with what you're given. So I decided that I would FaceTime him. It was about 6:00 eastern time when I tried to get in touch with him. He didn't answer, so I sent him a text to call me when he could. He called back about an hour later and we talked to a bit before I flipped the camera around to show him the test. He was so excited!!!
![]() |
| We also told Bailey who immediately ran out of the room b/c I said something about Will and so he went downstairs to see if he was there...haha! |
I know it didn't really hit him at the time, but he was very excited. We're both quite guarded about this news. We spent the whole weekend with the Whitworths and didn't say a word. We just don't want to say a word until we hear the baby's heartbeat. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to have my blood drawn. They want to check my progesterone levels and do a beta HCG test. My confirmation appointment has been made for Sept 26.
Right now, I just feel beyond blessed. No matter what happens, I know that God has given us this experience for a reason. So for now I'm drinking tons of water and trying to get lots of rest. And smiling. A lot.

